Nenad Popovic, PhD, President
Nenad Popovic was born in Tuzla in 1966, he is the founder of the Serbian People’s Party.
He is former Vice President of Democratic Party of Serbia, Vice President of the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia and president of the parliamentary friendship group with the Russian Federation.
Nenad Popovic graduated from the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering at Belgrade University. He obtained his Master’s degree, followed by PhD degree at the Faculty of Economics in Moscow. Mr. Popovic is an active professor at the Faculty of Economics at the Moscow State University – Lomonosov.
Mr. Popovic is owner of the multinational company “ABS Electro” that has headquarters in Moscow and employs three thousand people. This company engages in the production of electro-technical equipment, creating advanced engineering solutions for a variety of industries such as electrical power, shipbuilding, oil, gas, metal, mining, and others.
Mr. Popovic is President of the “Alexander Nevsky” Fund in Belgrade that was responsible for the project of reconstruction of the memorial complex of monuments of Russian necropolis at the New Cemetery in Belgrade.
Honorary President of the Council of the Serbian-Russian friendship.
Member of the Management Board of the International Fund of Unity of Orthodox People.
As the Vice President of the National Assembly of Serbia, Mr. Popovic was one of the main observers of the electoral process in a referendum of the Crimea’s incorporation to the Russian Federation.
Mr. Popovic is the holder of several awards, of which the most important are:
• Award of Friendship for the special contribution to the development of economic and social ties between Serbia and Russia, which is assigned by the president of the Russian Federation;
• St. Sava Award , Second Degree, for the restoration and strengthening faith and the Church in Serbia, awarded by His Holiness Serbian Patriarch;
• St. Daniel of Moscow Award, for the spiritual revival of Russia, awarded by the Patriarch of Moscow and all Russia;
• Award of the reverend Sergei of Radonezh, for special contribution to the development of relations and unification of Orthodox people that was awarded by Patriarch of Moscow and all Russia;
• Award of reverend St. Seraphim of Sarovski, for special contribution to the revival of monasteries, churches, temples, as well as church and social activism, awarded by the Patriarch of Moscow and all Russia.